Pages

Outdoor Wednesday of My Dreams

Oh I love the outdoors.  I love working in my meager garden.
T:
I had some help when I started a few seeds . . .
T:
But alas most of our plantings only just weren't able to withstand the late July and August heat in Texas.  

I had a long list of things I intended to grow.  This whole garden 
idea came about when The Cowboy ordered a hanging tomato 
planter off of Amazon.  
Ready to eat!:
We did manage to get a few tomato's.  Not nearly as many as we should have.  
Tomatoes:
Here's what the plants look like today . . . 
T:
I've already cut them back once.  They are trying but there time is really up.  I'll be cutting them back to the base of the soil tomorrow and maybe weather permitting we'll have a few at 
Thanksgiving. 

Just below the tomato's is my crazy Poinsettia.  This is what it looked like when shortly after I literally saved it from a pile of trash. 
T:
As summer worn on it began to loose it's leaves.  I guess they are leaves I know next to nothing about Poinsettia's.  I never dreamed that I would keep it alive this long....
I cut it back and then this is what it started doing . . . 

I decided to cut it back again and here it is today . . .
T:
I'm totally amazed.  I thought they only grew at Christmas.  
Shows what I know.  


I managed to get some green beans to sprout . . . 
T:
And a few carrots.  I love the little teepee I made for the beans to grow on.  There were doing so good and then it just got to hot.
In a heartbeat they began to struggle and then just gave up the ship.

T:

 I planted 
zucchini and yellow squash . . . 
T:
I got gorgeous leaves and blooms through May and into the beginning of June.  I managed to get 1 zucchinni and no yellow squash.  Which is my favorite!  
I realized that you can't grow squashes on a second floor apartment.  Apparently bee's can't pollinate. 
So I moved the pot downstairs but it was too late it was already way too hot.                                                                                                   Image result for blog post dividers
So can I saw that my first attempt at patio container
gardening was a success? 

I got beautiful blooms and greenery for a couple of months.  

I got a few tomato's. 
                                           
So all in all I would have to say my thumb might be green.  

What will I do different next year?  Hopefully I'll be planting in a yard not on a patio.  
                      
If by chance we are still here.  It remains to be seen if I'll make another attempt.  And that makes me sad. 

We'll see.  Until then I'll make plans and enjoy 
                           Happy Trails                                                                                   
                             
                                        And dream of spring                                                             
Linking with:  The Art of Homemaking, Share Your Cup, Duck's In a Row,  Sizzle into Summer, Dream Create Inspire, Creative Sparks, Create With Joy, Outdoor Wednesday,
Welcome Home Wednesday, Homemade and Handcrafted, Talk It Up Thursday  ,
Thoughts of Home , Creatively Unleashed , Thursday Favorite Things  
Homestead Blog Hop, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Saturday Sparkshttp://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com/2016/08/saturday-sparks-link-party-179.htm
Thee Chicken Chick Blog Party








3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Our garden is turning out to be a total bust! We have not seen or eaten one red tomato! The horses in the field of bluebonnets is just gorgeous!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

We gaet tomaotoes and peppers from an Amish farmer that set up down the road at a Mini Mart. Joe goes at the end of the day and today he got 8 zucchini, 8 cucumbers, 25 tomotes for $10.00. We split them with one of our neighbors....
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

Unknown said...

What lovely pics of what's growing in your garden! Thanks for sharing at Welcome Home Wednesdays! See you tomorrow!