Pages

Tips On Tuesday/Fast Fall Decor On A Budget

    Before I get into today's post I just want to let you know the Linky  is Here
Please forgive the wonkiness of this post.  Not sure if it is my computer or blogger.  My paragraphs are all goofy!
                  
             Welcome.  I'm ready for Fall.  Are you?  

And now for Tips on Tuesday.   I've been ready to start adding pumpkins to my Fall Decorating . . .
Image result for pumpkins in grocery cart
Guess what.  None in our neighborhood grocery store! 

I did find these today. . .

Image result for grocery store pumpkins
To make these on Thursday with my grandson . . . 
Pumpkin Patch Dirt Cup. These are SOOOO adorable!! Perfect for a Halloween or fall party.:
                         Source
Pumpkins are such a fast way to add a little Fall to your decorating. 
Image result for grocery store pumpkins
                                                Source
            Carve a Pattern - 72 Fall Decorating Ideas - Southern Living:
                                                 Source
               Whether you going over the top.

 Or super simple . . . 
Simple and sweet fall deco.:
                 Source

 Even if your thinking super simple buying fresh pumpkins 
can be expensive.   

Instead of decorating with fresh pumpkins or even buying a few at Hobby Lobby or Michaels why not try making a few! 
                T:
Last year I made a few small pumpkins all from my fabric stash. 
But if you have no stash just a few yards of fabric is inexpensive.
BC0129
Super Simple Orange fabric available at Walmart for $3.49 a yard.
You can make a lot of small pumpkins from a yard of fabric. 

Orange Oly-Fun Fabric

Available at Hobby Lobby for $2.99!  

Maybe you have more options in your area Jo Ann's or Hancock's.
Symphony Broadcloth Solid Cotton Fabric - DenimJoAnn's has broad cloth on sale for $1.99 which
is a great option for simple pumpkins.  

Last year when I made mine I looked for a tutorial.  Yep I can sew a quilt and garments (if I choose to) but I didn't know exactly how to make a pumpkin.  

So, over to Pinterest I went and I found lots of inspiration and help! 
Here are a few. . .

Fall Fabric Pumpkin Tutorial from The Cottage Mama. www.thecottagemama.com: Source
These are super cool.  But a little more fussy than I was looking for last year.  Mainly because I wanted to make a lot!  

I looked for a more simple option . . . 

Coastal Farmhouse Chenille Pumpkins
                                       Source
Gorgeous.  I wish I had some vintage chenille that I'm willing to cut up. It is available now at the shops if your interested.  Just 
google to find a retailer.  

I liked this source because she included this:
Size 1          6 1/4″ diameter            9″ circumference
Size 2                9″ diameter           13″ circumference
Size 3              13″ diameter           18″ circumference
Size 4       16 1/2″ diameter            22″ circumference
Size 5       20 1/2″ diameter            30″ circumference
Super.  This gives you an idea of how big your pumpkins will be.
This tutorial also suggests using foam core as a template.
I just kind of 'winged it' (I didn't see this tutorial)  and just looked for dinner plates and platters to trace around directly on my fabric. 

There are some other more fancy and shabby options . . . 

     White Velvet Pumpkin from Junk to Joy!:     Pumpkins 006     Wyshmoor Interiors says "Who says pumpkins need to be orange":
            Source                                                    Source                                                                                              I think the options are endless.  
       I've seen cheap plastic Jack o Lanterns all spiffed up! 

Making a few fancy or simple pumpkins can really make your 
home Festive and Fabulous!  

                 Have you made your own pumpkins?

                 Have you begun your Fall decorating?  
 The Fabulous Fall Party  The Fabulous Fall Party is a great place to show and share your creations. 
        The party is going on all the way to the end of October!
You can link anyday.  Join the party.  Click Here 
The linky changes every Thursday.  Come over and link all your Fall Themed posts!

Linking with The Art of Homemaking, Create With Joy
Share Your Cup, Make It Pretty Monday, Thrifty/Vintage FindsNo Place Like Home PartyTuesdays At Our Home 














8 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What a clever idea! Our mom LOVES pumpkins and she has them all over the house 12 months a year.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love all these great ideas!! May i pose an idea for your Fall linky party???? Instead of changing the links every week, maybe you would consider keeping the initial links running all month long and then people can link up as they do Fall posts. Plus I think it may be easier to advertise the party as a month long link up.
Just a thought....
Hugs,
Deb

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What fabulous ideas! I do love pumpkins but no, I haven't started decorating for Autumn yet. Still trying to squeeze some summer out of each day. Although I have kept one little white pumpkin out since last year. It's still looking good too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Blessings
Sandi

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh what wonderful pumpkin ideas and fall decor tips! Thank you.

lorraines resources and rewards said...

love the the flower pumpkins and the tutorial for sharing have a great weekend zen hugs

Art and Sand said...

Oh, what fun fall and Halloween ideas.

Thanks for sharing with SYC.

Eilis said...

I love the chenille ones, too! I've had the best luck finding real pumpkins (even the fancy fairytale ones) at Walmart this year. Thanks for joining Monday Social.
Eilis@MyHeartLivesHere.com

Botanic Bleu said...

A great round-up of pumpkin designs/ideas. Thank you for joining Monday Social.

Judith