Pages

Blog Anniversary Day 2 Home Tour

Welcome to my anniversary week.  This week I am sharing my home tour.  In case you missed yesterday's post I am sharing my home after Christmas because waaay back in 2006 I began my blog after I was introduced to blogging by Boo Mama when I found her 2006 Home Tour on December 26th.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Click here to visit the 2006 tour that inspired me

Today we begin our tour at the front door. 
 :
Welcoming you is this over sized stocking we bought last year at a resale shop. 
When you open the door you step into a narrow entry way. Too narrow and long for anything pretty. 
The living room is at the end of the entry. 
But I'm not sharing it today! Sorry.  I'm sharing my favorite room!
 :
As we step through the living room to another door we are greeted by a sweet Moose celebrating the 
'Mooseltoe Season'

And here's my favorite room.
 :
I am sorry this photo is so dark but the flash and the overhead lighting didn't agree with each other.  
Here are some shots taken during the day!
 :
I share this chair by the door with two of our mooses.  
The enjoy reading Christmas stories.  
In the late afternoon I sit and read here when the weather is nice.
The only bad thing about my room is it isn't heated.
We hope to buy a faux fireplace heater.
 :
 There is a table by the chair.  If it's chilly I can invite The Cowboy to join me for a cup of cocoa.
 :
We bought the mugs in Colorado before we were married. 
My parents allowed him to go with us on vacation to meet my sister who lived in Denver at the time.
These are vintage.  Very old from 1977!
 :
We moved into our house in October.  We haven't been able to buy any furniture so we've used what we have.
This little wicker plant stand is perfect for a mini Christmas tree and a moose that sings.  It's a little hard to see but a few days ago I found a tiny Ty moose that had been our daughters.
It seems everywhere I look I see mooses.
The little fabric table cloth is just a fat quarter of fabric I pulled from my stash.  It had mooses and cabins and fit perfectly!
 :   :
More mooses hang out on our patio chairs.
 :
We don't have a bar or counter in the house so our stools came to this room.  We hope to buy a tall table for the chairs. 
I brought the Cowboys fishing pools out to decorate the room.
This taller skinny tree was perfect for the space. 
It is the tree from the living room last year.  
But it was way to small.  It fits perfect in the cabin room.
And lastly I'll share with you my favorite part of the room.
 :
I've been collecting Santa photo's of the kids and grand kids just wanting to display them on a round table.
 :
The room is really pretty at night. 
The little tree on the table my DIL made for my birthday a few years ago.
 :
Can you find the photo of The Cowboy?
 :
I hope you enjoyed day 1 of my tour. 
Tomorrow I'll be showing our living room and gallery wall's.

I'd love for you to go over to the Giveaway and enter to win a Christmas them junk journal.
Click here to enter!
Leave a comment for an extra entry.


2 comments:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Your home is lovely! I especially like the Santa photo collection! Thank you for sharing your tour at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

bj said...

oops, I've lost the party again.....?